The New Mexico Music Commission is Committed to Music Education.
The New Mexico Music Commission is committed to supporting music education in all its various forms. The commission, in conjunction with New Mexico Arts, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, supports numerous non-profit schools and performing arts organizations that receive funding from the state. In addition, the music commission produces, sponsors, and hosts workshops, lectures, and master classes for music students of all ages.
- AdvocacyThe commission is dedicated to advocating for music education in the schools by providing visibility of music education programs at the state level as well as promoting music education through various projects, as outlined below.
- Art2Art ProgramThe commission produces, sponsors, and hosts hands-on workshops featuring national and local music educators. Many of these are outlined in the Projects section of the Web site.
- VolunteerMusic Commission Volunteer Opportunities Periodically, the New Mexico Music Commission offers non-paid internship and volunteer opportunities in the music industry through exposure to a state government agency. Internships may vary, depending on the project(s) at hand. In some instances, compensation
- SchoolsMusic Education in New Mexico Schools Music Education is a cornerstone of the New Mexico Music Commission’s purpose. A strong music education preserves the lineage of great musicians and patrons for generations to come. The music commission supports the state’s
- Private InstructionThe Importance and Benefits of Private Musical Instruction Private lessons for a musical instrument or voice ensure the student will receive more hands on training than group or classroom instruction. Private instruction allows students to learn at a quicker pace.