Grantees Funded by New Mexico Arts
The New Mexico Music Commission, in conjunction with New Mexico Arts (NMArts), a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, supports New Mexico music organizations and artists through grant funding. During the 2021 fiscal year, $1,080,000 in grants were awarded to 194 New Mexico arts organizations and 7 folk art apprenticeships located in twenty-three of the state’s thirty-three counties. Approximately 120 of these organizations are music-related. Grants ranged in size from approximately $2,500 to $7,000. By mandate of the New Mexico State Legislature, 35% of State Arts grant funding must be allocated to rural communities. Rural, as defined by the Legislature, is a population of under 25,000 residents.
Here are the FY2021 New Mexico Arts grantees, listed by county:
- 516 Arts
- African American Performing Arts Center Foundation
- Albuquerque Civic Chorus
- Albuquerque Girl Choir
- Albuquerque Health Care for the Homeless Inc. dba ArtStreet
- Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra
- Albuquerque Theatre Guild
- Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program Inc.
- AMP Concerts
- Ballet Repertory Theatre of New Mexico
- Basement Films
- Cambio Inc.
- Casa Flamenca, Inc.
- Children’s Choice Child Care Services
- Duke City Repertory Theatre
- Ensemble Music New Mexico (Chatter ABQ)
- Escuela del Sol Montessori, Inc. dba Harwood Art Center
- Festival Ballet Albuquerque
- Flamenco Workds, Inc.
- Friends of the Orphan Signs
- Guitar New Mexico
- Holocaust & Intolerance Museum of NM
- Institute Cervantes USA Inc
- J. Encinias/Pizarro-Lara folk apprenticeship
- Japanese American Citizens League, New Mexico Chapter
- Jesús Muñoz Flamenco (FUSION) folk apprenticeship
- Keshet Dance Company
- La Mesa Arts Academy (La Mesa Presbyterian Church)
- M. Encinias/Lozano folk apprenticeship
- Mariachi Spectacular de Albuquerque
- Muñoz/Leader folk apprenticeship
- Musica Antigua de Albuquerque Inc.
- Musical Theater Southwest
- National Institute of Flamenco
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- New Mexico Black History Month Organizing Committee (New Mexico Community Foundation)
- New Mexico Folk Music and Dance Society
- New Mexico Jazz Workshop, Inc.
- New Mexico PBS/KNME-TV (New Mexico Community Foundation)
- New Mexico Philharmonic
- New Mexico Scholastic Art Awards (New Mexico Art Education Association)
- New Mexico Symphonic Chorus Inc.
- OFFCenter Community Arts Project
- Opera Southwest
- Opera Unlimited Inc.
- Outpost Productions, Inc.
- Polyphony: Voice of New Mexico
- Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
- Quodlibet, Inc.
- Regents of the University of New Mexico
- Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival Association
- The Albuquerque Folk Festival
- The Children’s Hour Inc.
- The Enchanters
- The New Mexico Ballet Company
- The Partnership for Arts in Medicine Inc.
- Tierra Adentro of New Mexico
- Tricklock Trail Performing Arts
- Turquoise Trail Performing Arts
- Two Worlds
- Vortex Inc.
- Working Classroom
- Miniatures & Curious Collections Museum (Roswell Area Arts Council)
- Roswell Artist-in-Residence Foundation
- Roswell Symphony Orchestra Inc.
- Cibola Arts Council, Inc.
- El Morro Area Arts Council
- Music at Angel Fire, Inc. dba Music from Angel Fire
- Raton Arts and Humanities Council, Inc.
- Clovis Community College
- A Children’s Theatre of the Mesilla Valley Inc.
- Doña Ana Arts Council Inc.
- Las Cruces Community Radio
- Las Cruces Symphony Association
- Projects in Motion, Inc.
- Regents of New Mexico State University (NMSU Jazz Festival)
- Grant County Community Concert Association
- Mimbres Region Arts Council, Inc.
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Silver Chorale
- Southwestern New Mexico Arts Culture and Tourism
- Western New Mexico University
- Lea County Commission for the Arts
- Southwest Symphony, Inc.
- Carrizozo Music Inc.
- Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Coro de Camara
- Theatre New Mexico
- Deming Arts Council
- gallupARTS Inc.
- Gallup Community Concert Association
- Gallup Repertory Theatre (Gallup Arts)
- Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
- Flickinger Center for Performing Arts
- Tucumcari Public Schools
- Embudo Valley Library and Community Center
- Española Valley Fiber Arts Center – ATLS
- Española Valley Fiber Arts Center – EED
- New Mexico Young Actors, Inc.
- KSJE (San Juan College Foundation)
- Northwest New Mexico Arts Council
- San Juan College
- San Juan Symphony
- Theatre Ensemble Arts Inc.
- Armand Hammer United World College of the American West
- Las Vegas Arts Council
- Nat Gold Players
- Authentic Native Arts Association, Inc.
- Corrales Cultural Arts Council
- Placitas Artists Series, Inc.
- Rio Rancho Creative Crossroads
- Academy for the Love of Learning
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
- Axle Projects, Inc.
- Capoeira Santa Fe
- City of Santa Fe
- Compañia Chuscales & Mina Fajardo (Teatro Paraguas)
- Compassionate Touch Network
- Concordia Santa Fe, Inc.
- Creative Santa Fe
- El Rancho de las Golondrinas, Inc.
- Encaustic Art Institute A Non Profit Corporation
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
- Indigenous Solutions, Inc.
- Ironweed Productions (New Mexico Community Foundation)
- La Sala de Galisteo
- Lensic Performing Arts Center Corporation
- Littleglobe, Inc.
- National Dance Institute of New Mexico Inc.
- New Mexicans to Prevent Gun Violence
- New Mexico Community Arts Network dba Creative New Mexico
- New Mexico Film Foundation
- New Mexico Performing Arts Society
- New Mexico School for the Arts
- New Mexico Wildlife Association dba Widllife West Nature Park
- Outside In Productions
- Pandemonium Productions, Inc.
- Parallel Studios, Inc.
- Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools
- Pomegranate Studios (New Mexico Dance Coalition)
- Ramierez/Trujillo-Duran folk apprenticeship
- Romero/Paniagua folk apprenticeship
- Sangre de Cristo Chorale of New Mexico
- Santa Fe Art Institute
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival
- Santa Fe Children’s Museum, Inc.
- Santa Fe Classic Theatre, Inc.
- Santa Fe Community Orchestra
- Santa Fe Concert Association dba Performance Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Fiesta, Inc.
- Santa Fe Friends of Traditional Music
- Santa Fe Independent Film Festival (Santa Fe Film Institute)
- Santa Fe Jazz
- Santa Fe Little Theatre dba Santa Fe Playhouse
- Santa Fe Pro Musica, Inc.
- Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, Inc.
- Santa Fe Women’s Ensemble, Inc.
- Santa Fe Youthworks
- SITE Santa Fe
- Southwest Roots Music, Inc.
- Spanish Danzart Society, dba Entreflamenco
- St. John’s College (Music on the Hill)
- Talking Hands Talking Feet (Santa Fe Public Schools)
- Teatro Paraguas Inc.
- The Center for Contemporary Arts of Santa Fe, Inc.
- The Santa Fe Desert Chorale
- The Santa Fe Opera
- Theater Grottesco North American Inc.
- Theatre Santa Fe
- Valle Fajardo/Rodriguez
- Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian
- Wise Fool New Mexico
- Sierra County Arts Council Inc.
- NM Institute of Mining and Technology dba NM Tech Performing Arts Series
- Socorro Consolidated Schools
- Special Orchestra Incorporated
- High Road Artisans – ATLS
- High Road Artisans – EED
- Lost Ninos del Teatro Taos Children’s Theatre
- Mas Communidad dba Peñasco Theatre
- Millicent Rogers Museum
- Puppet Theatre los Titiriteros
- Questa Creative Council
- Society of the Muse of the Southwest
- Southwest Traditional & Bluegrass Music Association
- Taos Art Museum
- Taos Arts Council
- Taos Center for the Arts
- Taos Community Chorus
- Taos Fall Arts Festival Inc.
- Taos Opera Institute
- The Harwood Museum Alliance Inc.
- The Paseo Project Inc.
- Wholly Rags
- Manzano Mountain Art Council
- Mountainair Public Schools
Here is printable information about the New Mexico Arts Grantees, which includes funding amounts and a descriptive statement from each non-profit organization and how they will utilize funding.
Applying for a New Mexico Arts Grant
Music artists and non-profit organizations, with residence in New Mexico, are encouraged to apply for a New Mexico Arts grant. If you are not a non-profit entity, you may select a non-profit organization to serve as your ‘fiscal agent.’ Information on the Grant process, application, etc. can be found here.