FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 3, 2015
Contact: David Schwartz, Chair, New Mexico Music Commission
New Mexico Music Commission to Meet in Albuquerque
November 10, 2015
Santa Fe – The New Mexico Music Commission will hold a meeting on Tuesday, November 10, from 10 am to noon, in the Salon Ortega at the National Hispanic Cultural Center, 1701 4th Street SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102. The meeting is open to the public.
Copies of the agenda will be available at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at the Commission’s website, www.newmexicomusic.org. Copies of the agenda also may be obtained by contacting New Mexico Arts at 505-827-6490; or statewide: 800-879-4278; or fax: 505-827-6043.
The New Mexico Music Commission is an advisory body administratively attached to New Mexico Arts, the State Arts agency and a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs. The commission is made up of fifteen Governor-appointed volunteers who are specialists and leaders in the state’s diverse music industry. Their mission is to stimulate opportunities for musicians, music organizations, and other groups for activities or projects, to provide musical services and support to the state, to maintain and encourage musical excellence, and to promote awareness of and access to the music industry for all of the people of New Mexico.
New Mexico Music Commission Meeting
National Hispanic Cultural Center, 1701 4th St. SW, Albuquerque
NM History and Literary Arts Building, Salon Ortega
Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 10 am to noon
- Welcome – David Schwartz
- Commission Introductions
- Public Introductions and Comments
- Approval of the Agenda: ACTION
- Approval of the July 7, 2015 meeting notes: ACTION
- New Mexico Jazz Workshop collaboration proposal – Chris Cordova
- Art2Art publicity PUSH!
- Other new business
- New Music Commission Web site – Doug Patinka/Thomas Goodrich
- Cultural Collaborative project update
- Strategic Plan discussion – Joe Brown/David Schwartz
- Other old business
- 2016 Commission Meeting dates: our next meeting is January 12, 2016. Santa Fe – Meem Auditorium at Museum Hill: January 12, May 10, September 13. Albuquerque – tba: March 8, July 12, November 8