New Mexico Music Commission Foundation
The New Mexico Music Commission is sponsored in part by the New Mexico Music Commission Foundation. The foundation was established in 2012 by Lee Berk and David Schwartz and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The foundation was created to garner private sector support for Music Commission initiatives. It has two primary functions:
- Development: produce fundraisers, seek donors, sponsors, benefactors, write grants, serve as the Music Commission’s fiscal agent;
- Volunteerism: provide volunteer support to assist in the delivery of Music Commission events and projects.
- Platinum Music Awards Show: The Music Commission has entrusted the Foundation with production, media, development, and sponsorship of the Platinum Music Awards show. Click here for more information about the show.
- Music in Schools: The Foundation has taken the lead on developing a pilot Visiting Artist program with the Santa Fe Public Schools. Professional musicians are hired to deliver assemblies, master classes, clinics, sectionals, and lessons to SFPS music students. It is the hope of the Commission and Foundation that this pilot program will expand to other school districts around the state with the success of the Platinum Music Awards show. Click here for more information on the Music in Schools program.
- Musicians Tax Credit Proposal: The foundation is working closely with the music commission, state legislators, and the Department of Economic Development to draft a proposed musicians tax credit that would compliment the existing tax credit incentives to the state’s film industry.
- Music Biz Monthly Webinar: Zoom interviews and panel discussions posted on YouTube featuring prominent New Mexico music industry professionals.
- David Schwartz ~ Santa Fe ~ President
- Phil Moon ~ Santa Fe ~ Director
- Trish Parks ~ Santa Fe ~ Secretary
- Steven Malcolm ~ Santa Fe ~ Chief Financial Officer
- Gary Storm ~ Santa Fe ~ Legal Counsel
- Linda Storm ~ Santa Fe ~ Board Member
- Rod Kennedy ~ Albuquerque ~ Board Member
Become a Sponsor
Click here to learn more about becoming a sponsor of the Platinum Music Awards. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donation is tax deductible.
Click here to to inquire about volunteering with the foundation.