The New Mexico Music Commission Foundation
The New Mexico Music Commission is administratively attached to New Mexico Arts, a division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs. It is sponsored in part by The New Mexico Music Commission Foundation. The Foundation was established in 2012 by Lee Berk and David Schwartz.
The purpose of the foundation is to serve at the discretion of the Music Commission in two key areas:
- Development: by sponsoring fundraisers, seeking donors, sponsors, and benefactors, writing grants, and serving as a fiscal agent for the Music Commission;
- Volunteerism: by providing volunteer support to assist in the execution of Music Commission events and projects.
- Platinum Music Awards: The Music Commission has entrusted the Foundation with production, media, and sponsorship of the Platinum Music Awards ceremony and awards show. The Foundation maintains the Platinum Music Awards web site: www.platinummusicawards.org.
- Music in the Schools: The Foundation has taken the lead on developing a pilot Visiting Artist program with the Santa Fe Public Schools on behalf of the Music Commission. Proceeds from the 2017 Platinum Awards show are used to partially fund the pilot, for which professional musicians are hired to deliver assemblies, master classes, clinics, sectionals, and lessons to SFPS music students. It is the hope of the Commission and Foundation that this pilot program will expand to other school districts around the state with the continued growth and success of the Platinum Music Awards ceremony and show.
- David Schwartz, President
- Trish Parks, Secretary
- Ned Jacobs, Treasurer
- Gary Storm
- Linda Storm
- Phil Moon
- Rod Kennedy
Click the mail link to the left to contact David Schwartz, New Mexico Music Commission Foundation President, if you are interested in volunteering to assist in Music Commission projects and events, or if you would like to make a financial contribution. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donation is tax deductible. Thank you!