Grantees Funded by New Mexico Arts
The New Mexico Music Commission, in conjunction with New Mexico Arts (NMArts), a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, supports New Mexico music organizations and artists through grant funding. During the 2020 fiscal year, $980,500 in grants were awarded to 199 New Mexico arts organizations located in twenty-two of the state’s thirty-three counties, and approximately 110 of these organizations are music-related. Grants ranged in size from approximately $2,500 to $6,000. By mandate of the New Mexico State Legislature, 35% of State Arts grant funding must be allocated to rural communities. Rural, as defined by the Legislature, is a population of under 25,000 residents.
Here is a list of FY2020 New Mexico Arts music grantees, listed by county:
- African American Performing Arts Center Foundation
- Albuquerque Civic Chorus
- Albuquerque Girl Choir
- Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program Inc.
- AMP Concerts
- Asian American Association of New Mexico
- Ballet Repertory Theatre of New Mexico
- Cambio Inc.
- Casa Flamenca, Inc.
- Ensemble Music New Mexico (Chatter)
- Festival Ballet Albuquerque
- Guitar New Mexico
- High Desert Pipes and Drums
- Japanese American Citizens League, New Mexico Chapter
- La Mesa Arts Academy (La Mesa Presbyterian Church)
- Mariachi Spectacular de Albuquerque
- Musica Antigua de Albuquerque Inc.
- Musical Theater Southwest
- Nahalat Shalom Inc.
- National Institute of Flamenco
- New Mexico Jazz Workshop, Inc.
- New Mexico PBS/KNME-TV (New Mexico Community Foundation)
- New Mexico Symphonic Chorus
- OFFCenter Community Arts Project
- Opera Southwest
- Opera Unlimited
- Outpost Productions, Inc.
- Polyphony: Voice of New Mexico
- Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
- Quodlibet, Inc.
- Southwest Traditional & Bluegrass Music Association
- The Albuquerque Folk Festival
- The New Mexico Ballet Company
- The Partnership for Arts in Medicine Inc.
- Tierra Adentro of New Mexico
- Turquoise Trail Performing Arts
- Roswell Symphony Orchestra Inc.
- Cibola Arts Council, Inc.
- El Morro Area Arts Council
- Moreno Valley Arts Council, INC.
- Music at Angel Fire, Inc. dba Music from Angel Fire
- Raton Arts and Humanities Council, Inc.
- Clovis Community College
- City of Las Cruces (Sounds of New Mexico)
- Doña Ana Arts Council Inc.
- Las Cruces Symphony Association
- Regents of New Mexico State University (NMSU Jazz Festival)
- Grant County Community Concert Association
- Mimbres Region Arts Council, Inc.
- Western New Mexico University
- Carrizozo Music Inc.
- Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Coro de Camara
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Deming Arts Council
- gallupARTS Inc.
- Gallup Community Concert Association
- Flickinger Center for Performing Arts
- Tucumcari Public Schools
- Embudo Valley Library and Community Center
- Española Public Schools
- KSJE (San Juan College Foundation)
- Northwest New Mexico Arts Council
- San Juan College
- San Juan Symphony
- Armand Hammer United World College of the American West
- Las Vegas Arts Council
- Corrales Cultural Arts Council
- Placitas Artists Series, Inc.
- Afreeka Santa Fe
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet
- Capoeira Santa Fe
- City of Santa Fe
- Concordia Santa Fe, Inc.
- Creative Santa Fe
- Indigenous Solutions, Inc.
- Lensic Performing Arts Center Corporation
- New Mexico Performing Arts Society
- New Mexico School for the Arts
- Outside In Productions
- Pandemonium Productions, Inc.
- Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools
- Sangre de Cristo Chorale of New Mexico
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival
- Santa Fe Community Orchestra
- Santa Fe Concert Association dba Performance Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Desert Chorale
- Santa Fe Friends of Traditional Music
- Santa Fe Jazz
- Santa Fe JIN (Japanese Cultural Festival)
- Santa Fe Opera
- Santa Fe Pro Musica, Inc.
- Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, Inc.
- Santa Fe Women’s Ensemble, Inc.
- Santa Fe Youth Symphony Association, Inc.
- Several Friends (early music ensemble)
- Southwest Roots Music, Inc.
- Southwester Association for Indian Arts, Inc.
- Spanish Danzart Society, dba Entreflamenco
- St. John’s College (Music on the Hill)
- Talking Hands Talking Feet (Santa Fe Public Schools)
- Wise Fool New Mexico
- Sierra County Arts Council Inc.
- NM Institute of Mining and Technology dba NM Tech Performing Arts Series
- Socorro Consolidated School
- Special Orchestra Incorporated
- Taos Arts Council
- Taos Center for the Arts
- Taos Community Chorus
- Taos Fall Arts Festival Inc.
- Taos Municipal Schools
- Taos Opera Institute
- Taos Youth Music School
- Questa Creative Council
- Manzano Mountain Art Council
- Mountainair Public Schools
Here is printable information about the New Mexico Arts Grantees, which includes funding amounts and a descriptive statement from each non-profit organization and how they will utilize funding.
Applying for a New Mexico Arts Grant
Music artists and non-profit organizations, with residence in New Mexico, are encouraged to apply for a New Mexico Arts grant. If you are not a non-profit entity, you may select a non-profit organization to serve as your ‘fiscal agent.’ Information on the Grant process, application, etc. can be found here.