Grantees Funded by New Mexico Arts
The New Mexico Music Commission, in conjunction with New Mexico Arts (NMArts), a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, supports New Mexico music organizations and artists through grant funding. During the 2016 fiscal year, over $527,508 in grants were awarded to New Mexico music organizations located in twenty-three of the state’s thirty-three counties. Grants ranged in size from $1,772 to $7,161. By mandate of the New Mexico State Legislature, 35% of State Arts grant funding must be allocated to rural communities. Rural, as defined by the Legislature, is a population of under 25,000 residents. During the 2016 grants cycle, approximately 40% of State Arts grant funding was allocated to rural arts organizations.
Here is a list of FY2016 New Mexico Arts music grantees, listed by county:
- Albuquerque Baroque Players
- Albuquerque Folk Festival
- Albuquerque Philharmonic Orchestra
- Albuquerque Public Schools dba KNME/New Mexico PBS
- Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program Inc.
- AMP Concerts
- Asian American Assocation of New Mexico
- Cambio Inc.
- Ensemble Music New Mexico
- Festival Ballet Albuquerque
- Japanese American Citizens League, New Mexico Chapter
- La Mesa Arts Academy
- Mariachi Spectacular de Albuquerque
- Musica Antigua de Albuquerque Inc.
- Musical Theater Southwest
- New Mexico Jazz Workshop, Inc.
- New Mexico Philharmonic, Inc.
- New Mexico Symphonic Chorus
- OFFCenter Community Arts Project
- Opera Southwest
- Opera Unlimited
- Outpost Productions, Inc.
- Partnership for Arts in Medicine Inc., The
- Quintessence: Choral Artists of the Southwest
- Southwest Traditional & Bluegrass Music Association
- Summer Guitar Workshop
- Turquoise Trail Performing Arts
- Roswell Symphony Orchestra Inc.
- Cibola Arts Council, Inc.
- El Morro Area Arts Council
- Moreno Valley Arts Council, INC.
- Music at Angel Fire, Inc. dba Music from Angel Fire
- ShortGrass Music Festival
- Raton Arts and Humanities Council, Inc.
- Clovis Community College
- Doña Ana Arts Council Inc.
- Las Cruces Symphony Association
- Artesia Arts Council Inc
- Grant County Community Concert Association
- Mimbres Region Arts Council, Inc.
- Lea County Commission for the Arts
- Southwest Symphony, Inc.
- Spencer Theater for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Coro de Camara
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- The Deming Arts Council
- Gallup Community Concert Association
- Eastern New Mexico BlueGrass & Old Tyme Music Assoc
- Northern New Mexico Regional Art Center
- Northwest New Mexico Arts Council
- San Juan College
- San Juan Symphony
- Las Vegas Arts Council
- Corrales Cultural Arts Council
- Placitas Artists Series, Inc.
- New Mexico Wildlife Association dba Wildlife West Nature Park
- Afreeka Santa Fe
- Carthy / Miller ~ Irish Music Folk Art Apprenticeship
- City of Santa Fe dba City of Santa Fe Arts Commission
- Concordia Santa Fe, Inc.
- El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe, Inc.
- Institute of American Indian Arts Trust
- Lensic Performing Arts Center Corporation
- New Mexico School for the Arts—Art Institute
- Outside In Productions
- Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools
- Sangre de Cristo Chorale
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival
- Santa Fe Community Orchestra
- Santa Fe Concert Association dba Performance Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Desert Chorale, The
- Santa Fe Little Theatre aka Santa Fe Playhouse
- Santa Fe Opera, The
- Santa Fe Performing Arts Company and School, Inc.
- Santa Fe Pro Musica, Inc.
- Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, Inc.
- Santa Fe Teen Arts Center
- Santa Fe Women’s Ensemble, Inc.
- Santa Fe Youth Symphony Association, Inc.
- St. John’s College
- Talking Hands Talking Feet
- Sierra County Arts Council Inc.
- Special Orchestra, Inc.
- NM Institute of Mining and Technology dba NM Tech Performing Arts Series
- Taos Center for the Arts
- Taos Community Chorus
- Taos Opera Institute
- Taos Youth Music School
- Manzano Mountain Art Council
Here is printable information about the New Mexico Arts Grantees, which includes funding amounts and a descriptive statement from each non-profit organization about how they will utilize the funding.
Applying for a New Mexico Arts Grant
Music artists and non-profit organizations, with residence in New Mexico, are encouraged to apply for a New Mexico Arts grant. If you are not a non-profit entity, you may select a non-profit organization to serve as your ‘fiscal agent.’ Information on the Grant process, application, etc. can be found here.