Thomas Goodrich, Music Commission Administrator
BME, Music Education
Ohio State University
MM, Viola Performance
Mannes College of Music
- Educator: Albuquerque Public Schools, Denver School of the Arts, The Menaul School, among others; orchestra, band, chorus, guitar, piano, and music theory instruction grades 6-12
- Conductor: Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra, Hummingbird Music Camp, among others
- Professor: Santa Fe University of Art and Design, maintains an independent private string studio
- Musician: Violist with the New York Chamber Ensemble, Bronx Opera Orchestra, Santa Fe Symphony, San Juan Symphony, among others
- Festivals: Meadowmount School of Music, Breckendridge Music Institute
- Adjudicator: University of New Mexico Summer Music Institute, Farmington Schools String Solo and Ensemble Festival, NMMEA District VII Orchestra Festival, among others
- Clinician: La Cueva Camerata, Roosevelt Middle School, Madison Middle School in Albuquerque, New Mexico School for the Arts, among others
- Guest Conductor: Albuquerque Citywide Honor Orchestra, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Los Alamos High School Honor Orchestra, Grand Junction Colorado Honor Orchestra, among others
- Licensure: New Mexico Level III Instructional Leader; Colorado Professional Teaching License
- Administrator, New Mexico Music Commission
- Production Manager, Music From Angel Fire
- Director of Adult Education, TVI Community College
- IT Training Officer – Worldwide Investment Banking Division, Morgan Stanley
- Treasurer, New Mexico American String Teachers Association
City of Residence
Golondrinas, Mora county
Goodrich holds a Bachelor of Music Education from Ohio State and a Master of Music in Viola Performance from the Mannes College of Music. His primary teachers are Karen Ritscher, John Graham, and Dr. Robert Gillespie.
Thomas has garnered over twenty years experience as a music educator. Highlights include Director of Orchestras at Denver School of the Arts, Orchestra teacher at La Cueva High School in Albuquerque, and conductor with the Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program.
As a violist, he has performed with the Breckenridge Music Institute, the New York Chamber Ensemble, and the Santa Fe Symphony, among others. He served as Adjunct Professor of Strings at Santa Fe University of Art and Design, until its recent closure, and is active throughout the southwest as a conductor, clinician, and adjudicator. He is also a composer and arranger.
As an administrator, Thomas has served as Production Manager for Music From Angel Fire, Director of Adult Education at the former TVI Community College (now CNM), and Technology Training Officer for Morgan Stanley’s worldwide Investment Banking Division.
He lives partially off grid in the beautiful Mora River valley, is an avid gardener, and maintains a daily Zazen practice.
Thomas joined the Music Commission in February 2015.
New Mexico Music Commission
407 Galisteo Street, Suite 270
Santa Fe NM 87501
Toll Free: 1.800.879.4278