Thomas Goodrich, Music Commission Administrator
BME, Music Education
Ohio State University 1985
MM, Viola Performance
Mannes College of Music 1990
Over thirty years experience in the music industry. Highlights include:
- Educator Classroom Instruction Albuquerque Public Schools, Denver School of the Arts, The Menaul School, delivering orchestra, band, chorus, guitar, piano, and music theory instruction grades 6-12; Licensure New Mexico Level III Instructional Leader; Colorado Professional Teaching License; Professor Armand Hammer United World College, Santa Fe University of Art and Design; Private Instruction The Goodrich Studio; Clinician New Mexico School for the Arts, Hummingbird Music Camp, Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program; Adjudicator University of New Mexico Summer Music Institute, Farmington Schools Solo and Ensemble Festival, Albuquerque and Las Cruces Orchestra Festivals
- Conductor Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra, Hummingbird Music Camp; Guest Conductor Albuquerque Citywide Honor Orchestra, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Los Alamos Honor Orchestra, Grand Junction Colorado Honor Orchestra
- Violist New York Chamber Ensemble, Bronx Opera Orchestra, Santa Fe Symphony, San Juan Symphony; Festivals Meadowmount School of Music, Breckendridge Music Institute
- Composer, Arranger, Editor Creative Spirit publishing, The Arc That Never Ends dance company, Sierra Grande Chamber Music Festival, ISCM Composers’ Competition finalist; numerous compositions and arrangements primarily for strings, piano, and voice
- Administrator, New Mexico Music Commission
- Sole Proprietor, The Goodrich Studio
- Production Manager, Music From Angel Fire
- Director of Adult Education, TVI Community College
- IT Training Officer – Worldwide Investment Banking Division, Morgan Stanley
- Treasurer, New Mexico American String Teachers Association
City of Residence
Golondrinas, Mora county
Thomas Goodrich is the part-time administrator for the New Mexico Music Commission. He is a member of New Mexico Arts, a division of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs. Thomas holds a Bachelor of Music Education from Ohio State and a Master of Music in Viola Performance from the Mannes College of Music in New York City. His primary teachers are Karen Ritscher, John Graham, and Dr. Robert Gillespie. Thomas has garnered over thirty years experience in the music industry as an educator, conductor, adjudicator, clinician, and composer/arranger.
As an educator, he has served as Director of Orchestras at Denver School of the Arts, Orchestra teacher at La Cueva High School in Albuquerque, and conductor with the Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, among others. Under his baton, the Denver School of the Arts String Orchestra was selected as the Colorado state honor orchestra in 2013, and the La Cueva High School Camerata was selected as the New Mexico state honor orchestra in 2007 and 2010 and has won grand prize awards in orchestra competitions throughout the United States. Thomas remains active throughout the southwest as a conductor, clinician, and adjudicator.
As a violist, he has performed with the Breckenridge Music Institute, the New York Chamber Ensemble, the Santa Fe Symphony, and the San Juan Symphony, among others. He served as Adjunct Professor of Strings at Santa Fe University of Art and Design, until its recent closure, and is currently serving as Adjunct Professor of Strings at the United World College in Montezuma, New Mexico. In addition, Thomas is a composer and arranger and is a contributing editor for Creative Spirit music publishing.
As an administrator, Thomas has served as Production Manager for Music From Angel Fire, Director of Adult Education at CNM Community College, and Technology Training Officer for Morgan Stanley’s worldwide Investment Banking Division.
He lives partially off grid in the beautiful Mora River valley, is an avid gardener, and strives to maintain a daily Zazen practice.
Thomas joined the Music Commission in February 2015.
New Mexico Music Commission
407 Galisteo Street, Suite 270
Santa Fe NM 87501
Toll Free: 1.800.879.4278