Thomas Goodrich, Music Commission Administrator
BME, Music Education, 1985
Ohio State University
MM, Viola Performance, 1990
Mannes College of Music
- Director of Orchestras: Denver School of the Arts, La Cueva High School, among others
- Conductor: Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program, Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra, Hummingbird Music Camp, among others
- Professor of Violin and Viola: Santa Fe University of Art and Design; maintains an independent private string studio
- Violist: Santa Fe Symphony, Breckenridge Music Institute, New York Chamber Ensemble, Bronx Opera Orchestra, San Juan Symphony, among others
- Adjudicator, Clinician, and Guest Conductor throughout the Rocky Mountain region, most recently New Mexico School for the Arts, Albuquerque Citywide Honor Orchestra, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Los Alamos High School Honor Orchestra, Grand Junction Colorado Honor Orchestra, among others
- Licensure: New Mexico Level III Instructional Leader; Colorado Professional Teaching License
- Administrator, New Mexico Music Commission
- Production Manager, Music From Angel Fire
- Director of Adult Education, TVI Community College
- IT Training Officer – Worldwide Investment Banking Division, Morgan Stanley
- Treasurer, New Mexico American String Teachers Association
City of Residence
Golondrinas, Mora county
Goodrich is the New Mexico Music Commission Administrator. He holds a Bachelor of Music Education from Ohio State and a Master of Music in Viola Performance from the Mannes College of Music. His primary teachers are Karen Ritscher, John Graham, and Dr. Robert Gillespie.
Thomas has garnered over twenty years experience as a music educator. Highlights include Director of Orchestras at Denver School of the Arts, Orchestra teacher at La Cueva High School in Albuquerque, and conductor with the Albuquerque Youth Symphony Program.
As a violist, he has performed with the Santa Fe Symphony, Breckenridge Music Institute, and the New York Chamber Ensemble, among others. He is currently Adjunct Professor of Strings at Santa Fe University of Art and Design and is active throughout the state as a conductor, clinician, and adjudicator.
As an administrator, Thomas has served as Production Manager for Music From Angel Fire, Director of Adult Education at the former TVI Community College (now CNM), and Technology Training Coverage Officer for Morgan Stanley’s worldwide Investment Banking Division.
He lives partially off the grid in the beautiful Mora River valley.
Thomas joined New Mexico Arts, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, in February 2015.
New Mexico Music Commission
407 Galisteo Street, Suite 270
Santa Fe NM 87501
Toll Free: 1.800.879.4278