Office of SECRETARY
As per the NMMC bylaws, a Secretary and shall be elected at the annual meeting in January by a majority vote of the Commission members present.
The Secretary shall:
- take office at the annual meeting at which they are elected
- call the roll at each Commission meeting
- cause the minutes of each meeting to be kept
- submit draft meeting notes (Word doc by email) to the Administrator at the close of each meeting
- serve on the Executive Committee
- perform the duties of Secretary for the Executive Committee; responsibilities are listed here.
The Commission may, by a two-thirds majority vote at any regular meeting, remove the Secretary from that office where such action is, in its judgment, in the best interests of the Commission.
The Chair may fill a vacancy in the office of the Secretary by appointment until the next regular meeting of the Commission.