David Schwartz ~ President
New Mexico Music Commission Foundation
MBA incl. Music Production
BSIE Industrial Engineering
- Recording Engineer, Wally Heider Recording (San Francisco)
- Acoustical Engineer, Bolt Beranek and Newman
- Founder/Editor-in-Chief, Mix Magazine
- Founder/Producer, Technical Excellence and Creativity (TEC) Awards
- Producer, Pro Audio Education, National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
- President, Mix Publications, Inc.
- Board of Governors, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (Grammys)
- Director of Industry Relations, Expression College for Digital Arts
- Board Chair, Music in Schools Today (San Francisco)
- Board of Advisors, Warehouse 21
- President, NM Music Commission Foundation
- Chair, NM Music Commission
Santa Fe, Santa Fe County
Schwartz served as Chair of the New Mexico Music Commission from August of 2013 to November of 2016, when he elected to head up the New Mexico Music Commission Foundation.
David brings a wealth of entrepreneurial development experience and creative vision into providing executive management for projects ranging from publishing ventures, to business development, event presentations, to music and film productions.
His current projects include producing the professional audio industry’s principal awards show, the TEC Awards, as well as the professional audio education track for the world’s largest professional music trade show, NAMM.
A leader in music and audio publishing, David is best known as founder, publisher and editor-in-chief of Mix Magazine, the recording industry’s international trade magazine. During his 18-years of leadership, Mix Publications, Inc. became a leading publishing company that operated two magazines, Mix and Electronic Musician, a book publishing division and an event production unit.
Schwartz has a background in acoustical and audio engineering, and holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University, and an MBA from Indiana University. In 1994 he received the Most Valuable Person Award from the San Francisco Grammy chapter for his contributions to the Bay Area music community. In January, 2015, David was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Association of Music Merchants.